Did you know that a massage can actually lower your blood pressure and your heart rate? That people who were given math problems to solve after a massage were able to do them twice as fast with half the errors?
Along with soothing joint pain and muscle tension, massage reduces stress, anxiety, headaches, fibromyalgia pain, insomnia and digestive orders. More and more Ochsner Fitness Center members are realizing the benefits of massage. We invite you to join them. Our licensed massage therapists are committed to providing high quality services in an inviting and relaxing atmosphere.
Choose From The Following Types of Massages:
- Swedish – Using long, flowing centripetal strokes and varied pressure, the Swedish massage is extremely effective in reducing muscle tension, pain and injury while increasing circulation and relaxation. This massage will leave you feeling relaxed, but energized long after your session is over.
- Deep Tissue – Here the therapist uses arms, elbows, knuckles, as well as palms to apply the appropriate amount of pressure. The area to be worked on will be massaged to soften and warm the tissue, then more concentrated depth will help release chronic muscle tension, scar tissue and adhesions.
- Neuromuscular Therapy – A more detailed approach to deep tissue when dealing with specific problematic areas. This type of bodywork helps eliminate trigger points, restores postural alignment, increases flexibility to the tissues, and assists venous and lymphatic flow.
- Hot Stone – Hot stones are placed at specific sites on the body to promote relaxation and to help open up the energetic pathways. Muscles are pretreated with the heated stones to allow the therapist to more easily perform deep tissue manipulations.
- Shiatsu – A Japanese form of bodywork that is sometimes described as a finger pressure massage. Shiatsu balances the chi of the body using the meridians and acupuncture points.
- Sports – A massage designed for athletes to maintain optimum performance. Great for keeping you flexible and mobile during training, and for pre-event warm-ups and post-event-tension relief.
- Prenatal – A soothing massage where the mother-to-be is placed in a safe and comfortable side-lying position. Not recommended for those in the first trimester. If you have any high-risk pregnancy or a history of miscarriage, a doctor’s note is required.
- Thai – A relaxing and invigorating massage that is traditionally done on a padded mat on the floor with the client being fully clothed. The therapist uses his/her hands, knees, legs, and feet to move you into a series of yoga-like stretches.
- Lymphatic Drainage – This massage helps promote a free-flowing lymphatic system by primarily focusing on specific lymph nodes and points of the body, as well as the natural flow of the lymphatic system.
- Corporate Chair Massage – In a hurry? Want to get the kinks out fast? A corporate chair massage might just be the thing.
- Cupping – An ancient art form where suction cups are placed on the skin to increase blood flow and promote healing.
Treat your senses to one of our spa treatments such a hot stone treatment, foot scrub or aromatherapy. They can be added to any massage for a nominal charge. 50- and 80-minute massages are available.
A 24-hour cancellation notice is required.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled time to receive your full service
- First- time patients will need to fill out a health questionnaire
- Must be 18 years of age to receive a massage
Ask about our monthly specials. Massage gift certificates are available.
Hygiene & Health
Towels will be provided at no extra charge for clients scheduled for massage who are also planning to work out or use the steam room. For your utmost comfort, please be sure to allot yourself enough time to shower and dry off before your session.
If you are suffering with a cold, flu or fever, massage is contraindicated and could possibly exacerbate your condition as well as expose others.
If you have a major health issue, such as cancer, injured joints, or recent surgery, medical clearance may be required. If you have any questions about contraindications, please feel free to contact our massage department.
Your privacy is important to us. Your information is for our records only and will be used to notify you of any upcoming specials. Other than the front desk personnel, it is against company policy for any other employee to solicit you or your private information. If this should occur, please let management know.
Ask about our monthly specials.
- Massage gift certificates are available.
- Members can book massage services online.
For pricing and scheduling, contact the front desk of Ochsner Fitness Center – Harahan at 504-733-1600.