We have another round of great news regarding our facility access and offerings! After reviewing more government guidance for Phase 2 of our state's reopening plan, Ochsner Fitness Center has added some capacity to its racquetball courts, lap swimming, outside areas, and childcare. At our downtown facility, group exercise will be added on June 15 and reservations can be made on the FITT Lab app.
Childcare is Back!
On Monday June 15, childcare returns at Kidsports and Heritage Plaza.
- At Harahan, It will be offered by reservation Monday through Friday- 8 a.m. to noon and 4 p.m. to club close. It will be available on Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to noon. Please reserve a spot for your child by calling 504-733-1200.
- At Heritage Plaza, it will be offered by reservation Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please reserve a spot for your child by calling 504-832-1600.
Lap Swimming Capacity Increases
- At Harahan's outdoor pools, circle swimming will be permitted with two socially distanced swimmers allowed in a lane at a time. Reservations can be made via the FITT Lab app.
Recreational Swimming is Open!
Ochsner Fitness Center is thrilled to offer recreational swimming again --- and no pool reservation is needed.
- At Harahan, members may use the recreational pool and the outdoor 6-lane pool at designated times. A pool monitor will guide members and guests with social distancing. Lifeguards will be duty from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the weekends.
- At Harahan's indoor recreational pool, four members will be allowed to use a portion of that pool. Our staff will help those members stay socially distanced.
- Beginning Sunday June 14, three racquetball courts will be available for reservations.
- Four members can be socially distanced in each court at a time. The reservations will be made available at one-hour intervals on the FITT Lab app from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, and 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Only one members needs to book for a group.
Outdoor Playground Open
- The playground outside is now available for member use. Please use social distancing guidelines of six feet apart.
Summer Camps Spots Available
- Summer camp is now open for Ochsner Fitness Center members' children. The child doesn't need to be a member. Please book by calling 504-733-1200 or emailing email@example.com.
Sculpting Services Coming to Harahan
- The Sculpting Center of New Orleans will begin esthetician services at Ochsner Fitness Center Harahan on Thursday June 18. To book a service or review services available, please call 504-309-9456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are thrilled to see everyone back at our facilities. Please don't hesitate to call our front desk team with any questions or concerns!
Recreational swimming will be available on Wednesday June 10, 2020. Please view the below specifics on this phase of our reopening plan!
RECREATION SWIMMING IS BACK!
The outdoors pools and spaced lounge chairs at Harahan will be available with social distancing protocols.
- No special club reservation is necessary, members can book with the "All Club Booking" option on the FITT Lab app.
- A pool attendant will monitor pool capacity and help members remain 6-feet apart unless they are from the same household.
WHIRLPOOLS, SAUNAS, STEAM ROOMS OPEN AGAIN!
In addition to showers and towel service being reinstated in June, beginning Wednesday June 10, whirlpools, saunas, steam rooms and the cold dip at Harahan will be open with limited capacity. Reservations can be made on the FITT Lab App for "All Club Booking" and spots are first come first served once you arrive. Please adhere to the posted time limits for each amenity.
The capacities for these areas at Harahan are:
- Outdoor Hot Tub : 2
- Indoor Hot Tub : 4
- Indoor Cold Dip : 1
- Sauna Room : 3
- Steam Room : 3
The capacities for these areas at Heritage Plaza are:
- Hot Tub: 2
- Sauna: 2
- Steam Room: 2
KIDS ARE BACK!
Children under 14 year's old are also now allowed at our facilities and childcare will be available on Monday June 15.
- Kids who want to use the cardio or weight room must be weight room certified, in youth fitness, or working with a trainer to be inside of the weight and cardio areas. Please email email@example.com for more information on getting your child certified.
- Harahan childcare hours are:
Weekdays- 8 a.m. to noon and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Weekends- 8 a.m. to noon
- Childcare is available for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years childcare is in Kidsports childcare room
- Childcare for ages 6 to 13 year's old during 8 a.m. to noon will feature interactive kids programming in the racquetball court. The same age group will use the Kidsports Maze from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Members must enter the front of the fitness center and check children in for all childcare in Kidsports.
- Childcare has a 2-hour limit
- Members must make a reservation for childcare by calling 504-504-733-1200
- Heritage Plaza childcare hours are: Weekdays 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
SUMMER CAMP IS OPEN FOR MEMBERS' CHILDREN
- Beginning June 15, Ochsner Fitness Center members can book their children in summer camp.
- The child does not need to be a member to enroll. Please call 504-733-1200 for more information or to register.
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS ARE BACK!
- Private swim lessons are available and will be held in the indoor recreation pool. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In Good Health,
Ochsner Fitness Center