Policies and Procedures
The Management of Ochsner Fitness Centers has created the following general Club Policies and Procedures (“Club Policies”) to provide a safe, healthy, and happy environment for Members, Guests, and Employees. As used throughout, the term “Member” includes the primary or main member and his/her family members, and any guests. The term “Club” or “Clubs” refers to all Ochsner Fitness Centers which are a service of Ochsner Health Systems, a not-for-profit Louisiana corporation, unless otherwise indicated. These club policies are incorporated into the membership agreement. The Clubs reserve the absolute right to alter and amend these Club Policies from time to time as the Clubs deem necessary. These policies are binding on all Members and Guests. A complete listing of the Clubs’ policies and procedures is available through individual departments.
Ochsner Fitness Center is a private club and as such, shall have the right to suspend or
withdraw membership privileges from any Member who, in the Club's sole discretion or
opinion, engages in conduct considered to be inappropriate or unacceptable, or amounts
to a breach of the Club Policies and Procedures, or is in any way detrimental to the
Club, any of its employees, or any other Member. Any membership termination or
expulsion shall be effective immediately and no part of a Member’s previous payments
will be refunded. If a Member is suspended, that Member forfeits all privileges to Club
membership and shall not be entitled to any repayment of any fees or dues while the
membership is suspended. Further, the Club may at any time, with or without cause, for
any reason, terminate a membership. Only upon such termination will the member be
refunded any membership fees paid in advance or unused.
The club offers several types of memberships. Please see a Membership representative for
more details. In general, the Clubs have primary members and sub-members.
Primary members are the first members in each membership and sub-members are
additional direct family members on the same membership. Any changes to the status of a membership for either the primary member or the sub-members, must be done so by visiting the Clubs to request in writing, no later than the 20th of the month prior change is to take place.
All application fees, monthly dues and other Member payments are non-refundable, unless
otherwise stated in these Club Policies.
Members are required to check in upon each visit to enter the Clubs. The Member may check in via the fitness center app or by providing their first and last name and address. Additionally, Members are required to show physical identification in order that the Clubs can match the identification of the entering Member to the photos on the membership. If the Member choses to wear a mask for personal protection, the Member will be asked to remove the mask for verification to enter, and then may immediately replace the mask for protection.
A Member is entitled to use the Club’s facility provided the Club may, at any time, close all or part of its facilities for any period, with or without notice, in connection with any cleaning, repair, alteration or maintenance work or for reasons beyond the control of the Club. The Clubs reserve the right at any time without prior notice to set aside Club facilities for holidays, tournaments, exhibitions, or social events. The Clubs also reserves the right to close facilities for any extreme weather events and/or utility outages. Dues will not be adjusted or credited for closure to any venues.
Members who join under a “Satellite-Only” Membership have access to any club excluding the Harahan location, except for Friday at noon through Sunday. (A “satellite” club is defined as any club excluding Harahan location.) If a Satellite Club Member wishes to use the Harahan Club on a weekday, they must present their card and pay a half-price guest fee of the current price of a regular guest fee. Members who join an All-Clubs Membership may use any club at any time during regular operating club hours.
Personal or private training by any non-Club employee in the Clubs is prohibited while on Club premises (i.e., Members cannot use outside trainers inside the club).
If a Member requests additional training or instruction from a Club personal trainer, those arrangements, fees, and payments must be made directly through the Clubs.
No fees or money are to be directly paid to any individual Club employee for any training, exercise or fitness services, classes, or programs.
The 24-hour access only at the Heritage location is available only to those 18 years and older. Ages 14 and over can use the Heritage 24-hour facility only during regularly staffed operating hours and not prohibited during non-staffed times.
The Downtown location is always for adults only ages 18 years and older.
Parents who leave their young children (under 14 years old) at the Club will be called and requested to come and pick them up. Repeated abuse of this policy will result in termination of membership.
Children over the age of 4 may not enter changing rooms or other areas reserved for the opposite sex, regardless of whether they are accompanied by an adult.
All guests must pay the applicable guest fee and provide a valid picture I.D. For the Harahan and Heritage locations, guests who are 13 years or younger must have an adult parent or guardian sign a release form and the adult parent or guardian must always remain with the guest for supervision. For the Harahan and Heritage locations, guests ages 14-17 must have an adult parent or guardian
accompany them to the club and sign the release form.
For the Harahan location, children 13 years and younger are not allowed in the indoor areas of the Clubs unless supervised by an adult or attending a Club sponsored activity or program.
For the Harahan location, children 10 years and older may use the outdoor area unsupervised only when lifeguards are on duty. Parents must always remain on club premises.
Parents must drop off and pick up children at the sites of team sports and/or classes. Ochsner Fitness Center is not responsible for children dropped off or picked up at the door.
Smoking, vaping, or the use of any other tobacco product or e-cigarettes is strictly prohibited anywhere on Club premises or within 50 feet of Club entrance.
In the instance of an equipment failure or malfunction, it is the responsibility of all employees, Members, and Guests to immediately discontinue use and report the issue to the front desk of the Club and/or the Manager on Duty.
Members must notify the Club of any circumstances affecting their health which may be made worse by physical exercise or change in temperature. Members must first seek advice from their physician prior to beginning an exercise regime, and Ochsner Fitness Center will in no way be liable for Member’s failure to do so.
No guns or weapons of any kind or allowed in our Clubs at any time.
No outside alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs or narcotics of any kind are allowed at the Clubs.
No outside food or drinks are allowed.
Food and beverages must be consumed in the designated café areas or in the designated pool areas.
The Clubs reserve the right to deny serving or selling alcohol to anyone who they deem may be a risk to themselves or others. No one under the age of 21 years old may buy or consume alcohol at the Clubs.
Animals and pets are not permitted on Club premises, with exception of guide or service animals.
The use of cell phones in the locker rooms is strictly prohibited. Cameras or other image capturing devices are strictly prohibited in all areas of the Clubs, except with prior Club approval. You are welcome to use cell
phones in the lobby and entrance areas and in other unrestricted areas as posted in the Clubs.
No solicitation is allowed in the clubs.
Horseplay, threatening, aggressive or violent behavior, is strictly forbidden inside Clubs or within 50 feet of any Club premises by any persons.
Valuables and personal property should not be brought to the Clubs. Personal items should be always locked in lockers. The Clubs will not be liable or in any way responsible, for any direct or indirect loss, theft, or damage to any property brought onto Club premises or placed in any lockers.
Shirts and shoes must be always worn inside the Clubs. No black-soled or street shoes are permitted on any court surfaces or in any exercise areas. Only closed toed shoes are allowed in the weight areas at any time. Members must wear a form of dress appropriate for the time of day and place on all occasions while inside the Clubs.
The Harahan Club has an indoor café and a pool-side café with seasonal hours.
Any billing inquiries should be directed to the Business Services Department by calling 504-733-1600. The hours are listed in the Membership Guide under the general information section. A Member may change the method of payment at any time by updating their online profile at www.ochsnerfitness.com or by visiting the Clubs. If an account becomes delinquent, the membership may be terminated. All unpaid and returned payments will be assessed a $35.00 fee, as well as a late fee.
Notwithstanding any items in the Agreement to the contrary, if the parties are not able to resolve any dispute, claim or controversy by negotiation, the parties agree to make a good faith attempt to resolve
such dispute, claim or controversy by mediation, on such terms as the parties find acceptable, including venue in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, or other location mutually agreed upon by the parties. If mediation is not successful in resolving the matter, the parties agree to binding arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000, Member or Club may elect to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration conducted by telephone, on-line and/or based solely upon written submissions where no in-person appearance is required. In such cases, the arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration
Association in accordance with their applicable rules, or any other established ADR provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered
in any court having jurisdiction thereof. In the event any action, suit, mediation, or proceeding is brought under or in connection with the Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover and the other party’s cost of suit, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees. All claims (excluding requests for injunctive or equitable relief) between the parties must be resolved
using the dispute resolution mechanism that is selected in accordance with this section by the first party to file a claim. Should either party file an action contrary to this Section, the other party may recover attorney’s fees and costs up to $1,000, provided that the party seeking the award has notified the
other party in writing of the improperly filed claim, and the other party has failed to withdraw the claim.
Member agrees that their Membership Agreement and these Club Policies are all incorporated agreements which may be automatically assigned by the Clubs in their sole discretion. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of
such section. The Clubs’ failure to act with respect to a breach by a Member does not waive the Clubs’ right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Member understands that no paper communication will be received, and that all communication regarding their membership and fees will be sent via e-mail. The member further understands that they are required to supply the Club with their valid e-mail address, and the Member consents to receiving email communications from the Clubs, including notices pursuant to the Club Policies. The Member also accepts the risk that email may not be a secure and confidential means of communication. The Clubs will not be liable for any loss or damage because of communicating with a Member by email.
It is the sole responsibility of the member to provide the Club with accurate payment information, contact information, and current and valid email addresses.
The Member certifies that he/she has read these Club Policies, has received a copy of the Club Policies, and agrees to be bound by them in connection with Club membership and with the use of the Clubs’ facilities and equipment. Nonconformity to or repeated abuse of any clubs’ policies will result in
suspension or termination of membership. Members must give written notice to
the Clubs of any change of address. Changes can also be made on the website of www.ochsnerfitness.com and clicking on “My Account.”
Before beginning any new exercise routine, please consult your physician. It is also recommended that you familiarize yourself with any piece of equipment you are using for the first time. Seeking
out expert advice from fitness center staff is highly recommended. Registering for a one-time complimentary private training session is highly recommended.
Ochsner Fitness Centers are private clubs and are only to be utilized by Members,
their Guests, and other authorized personnel. Front Desk staff is authorized to
enforce all rules governing access to the facilities. Members must provide identification to gain entrance
to the clubs. In the event a member violates any of the rules and regulations posted in the Clubs regarding required identification, conduct and/or use of facilities, the Club may immediately
terminate the member’s membership under this Agreement and member’s right to use any Club
facilities may be revoked immediately. The Club may also automatically and immediately terminate a
member’s membership for failing to make any payment due under this Agreement. If a membership is
terminated for violation of Club rules and regulations or failure to make payments, no part of the member’s previous payments will be refunded. Additionally, the Club may at any time, with or without cause, terminate a member’s membership.
Membership Identification to Access Clubs
We take great pride in providing our members with a safe and secure environment while in our Clubs.
To maintain the safe space our members deserve; we require physical identification as proof that our Members are who they say they are.
It is for this reason that we instruct our team members at all points of entry that each Member or Guest must identify themselves with photo ID. It is also for this reason that the Members identification be fully revealed in order that we know who you are. In the era of face masks for personal health protection, we cannot and do not allow Members to enter the Clubs without fully revealing themselves unmasked to enter. We can make no exceptions to this policy. Any failure to comply with this policy will result in denial of entry, and if more than one occurrence of failure to comply, may result in suspension or membership termination.
Harassment Free Membership Environment
One of the most important jobs that we do for our Members and Guests is provide them with a comfortable and harassment free experience.
It is for this reason that we do not allow Members and Guests to interrupt one another or to confront one another regarding any issues within our Clubs.
We require that any complaints or questions a Member or Guest may have regarding the actions spoken or taken within our Member community be handled only by our management staff.
If, as a Member, you have a complaint regarding any issues of another Member or Guest, this must be communicated both immediately and directly to our Managers on Duty. If you are unable to locate a Manager on Duty, our front desk staff members will be able to locate one for you, in which you may explain your dissatisfaction or concern.
We have a see something; say something culture, and therefore encourage our Members to make us aware of any issues they may experience. However, we expect our Members to only inform our management team, and to at no time directly confront or interfere with another Member or Guest.
Failure to follow this policy may result in membership suspension or termination.
Providing a Safe and Secure Workplace for our Team Members
While we provide a comfortable and harassment free environment and experience for our Members and Guests, so do we provide the same for our team members.
We both recruit and train our team members to provide the utmost courteous experience for you, our Members.
We do not tolerate mistreatment or abuse by our Members and Guests toward not only other Members and Guests, but for our staff as well.
As we require respect and courtesy of our staff, we require the same of our Members and Guests towards our team members.
Any such issues of disrespect, harassment, or mistreatment toward our staff members will result in the suspension and/or termination of membership.
Harahan Club Hours
Monday to Thursday 5:00am – 10:00pm
Friday 5:00am to 9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 7:00am – 7:00pm
Heritage Club Staffed Hours
Monday to Thursday 5:00am – 9:00pm
Friday 5:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Downtown Club Hours
Monday to Thursday 5:00am – 9:00pm
Friday 5:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday 8:00am – 2:00pm
*Hours may vary depending on seasons or unforeseen circumstances.
- Validated parking is available.
- Mon. – Fri. 4:30pm to 10:00pm
- All day Saturday
- Validated parking is available.
- Mon.-Fri. 5:00am – 8:00pm
- Validated parking is not needed
- from the hours of 8:00pm-5:00am.
- All Guests must pay the applicable guest fee and provide a valid picture I.D
- Guests 13 years old and younger must have a parent/ guardian (18 years of age or older) sign the release form and remain to supervise the children
- Guests 14-17 years old must have parent/ guardian (18 years of age or older) accompany them to the Clubs and sign the release form.
- A member may bring in a maximum of 5 guests per visit
- Guests under the age of 18 are allowed in the Harahan facility
- Guests between the ages of 14-18 are allowed in the Heritage facility
- The Clubs are not responsible for any lost or stolen items of members or their guests
- For everyone’s safety, horseplay is not allowed at any time, and any Guest who does not follow the rules of acceptable Member behavior will be asked to leave the Clubs.
- If a Guest is removed from the Clubs due to misbehavior, no refund will be given
- These policies are designed to help maintain members’ privacy and to create the best workout environment for our members
- Primary members are the main members in each membership. Sub-members
- are additional family members on the same membership. Sub- members are significant others or immediate family members under 21 years old, and living in the same household, or grandchildren under age 14 only, when the primary member is a grandparent.
- A grandchild shall only be added as a sub-member to grandparent’s membership with the consent of the grandchild’s parent or legal guardian.
- A grandchild’s parent or legal guardian must personally appear with the grandchild and grandparent when the grandchild is registered as a sub-member to provide adequate consent and documentation.
- Full-time students between the ages of 21-25 may also be included as sub-members. Sub-members may be added or deleted from a membership on a month-to-month basis. Application fees will apply every time a sub-member is added/ reactivated to primary member’s account. All changes to membership status will become effective on the 1st day of the next month.
- A member may cancel at any time they wish prior to the next billing cycle. For example: If a member wishes to cancel their membership in November, cancellation must be received during the month of November and no later than November 30th. If the request to cancel is received on December 1st, the member will be charged for December and the cancellation will be effective on December 31st.
- A member wishing to cancel may send an e-mail to: [email protected], or may call the Business Services at the Club, or go into the Club directly to cancel in person.
- The cancelling member will receive an e-mail confirmation of cancellation. It is important that the member retain this email for any needs in the future.
- A member must ensure that their account has been canceled, and that no additional fees are withdrawn from their checking account or debit/credit card in the month immediately following the cancellation.
- Monthly charges are not based on usage, and therefore a request to cancel membership must be received, as monthly fees shall continue to be billed if the membership is active.
- A member in dispute of continued charges must produce written confirmation of their request to cancel or confirmation of cancellation.
Membership Hold due to Health Reasons
A member may at any time put their membership on medical hold. All medical holds must be
accompanied by a doctor’s notice detailing the medical reasons for placing the membership on hold. This request must be submitted in writing prior to the 1st day of the month that the membership is to be placed on hold. A member who has his/her membership on hold may not use the club or charge anything to his/her account. Additionally, if the primary member is on hold, all sub-members will be on hold as well. When the membership is reactivated, all the sub-members will be reactivated unless
deleted at time primary member reactivates.
A member may cancel his/her membership by going into the Clubs to cancel their membership in person. A member wishing to cancel must request cancellation prior to the 20th of any month and such cancellation will take place 30 days after the request is received. No cancellations will be honored whereby the member has not physically gone into the Club to cancel.
Membership Hold due to Reasons Other than Medical
A member may at any time place their membership on a freeze or hold status. If a member will be out of town or know in advance that they will be unable to use the club for a matter of one month or more, the Member may hold their membership for a fee of $15.00 plus applicable sales tax.
The Main or Primary member may go into the Clubs to request this status change. All members on the membership, including sub-members, will also be on hold. Whether the membership type is for one person or an entire family, the cost is only charged $15.00 plus applicable sales tax.
When the primary member wishes to reactivate their membership for use, the Member can do so by seeing a Membership Representative to re-instate their membership and their usage of the Clubs.
Business Services Customer Service
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am -5:00pm
The purpose of the Business Services Department is the customer service aspect of your membership for updated account information, payment method updates, questions regarding your auto drafts, and any other questions or issues we may be of service to you, or to find the answer for you. Please do not hesitate to call with questions regarding the amount you are billed.
It is important to note that while Members may have questions regarding charges from the various departments in the Clubs, contacting the departments themselves may be a faster route for answers to your questions.
- Membership dues, monthly purchases, and payment history, all of which comprise your monthly drafts may be found at www.ochsnerfitness.com.
- Member is responsible for all charges on the account. Any disputes must be addressed within thirty (30) days from draft date, and disputes will not be reviewed or considered after 30 days of statement in which charge appears.
- Accepted payment methods include monthly auto drafts of checking account or debit or credit cards.
- Member accepts responsibility for ensuring the payment method the fitness center has on file is always current and valid.
- If an account becomes delinquent, or a monthly draft is declined, the membership will be terminated. Any collection fees incurred in the collection of this account will be the responsibility of the member.
- All members who are in a status of being an active member will be assessed regular monthly fees until such time the primary member follows one of the cancellation options, (see Membership Cancellation). The Member will be charged full fees until such time the Member cancels their membership according to our cancellation policy.
- Member will be assessed a $35.00 fee for all delinquent drafts.If the payment does not automatically process as intended each month, this fee will be assessed.If payment is not received promptly, additional late fees may be added.
- All members may either bring their own towel or enroll in the Club’s monthly towel service for an additional charge. Towel service is complimentary for Members who pay for private lockers.
- Childcare is available for Elmwood members with children from six (6) weeks old through five (5) years old and for Heritage members with children six (6) weeks old through thirteen (13) years old
- Children kept home from school due to illness are not allowed in childcare
- All baby bottles and drink containers must be non-drip and labeled with the child’s name
- Parents/guardians will be notified of any misbehavior. The clubs reserve the right to prohibit any children from childcare due to behavior problems
- Club employees will try their best to console any crying children. If their efforts are ineffective after a reasonable time, Club reserves the right to page the parent/guardian
- The following are not allowed in the childcare area: sharp or pointy objects, glass objects, plastic bags, markers, food, or snacks (other than that provided by the parent/guardian and approved by the Club).
- Reservations are required and there is a two (2) hour limit per child for a maximum of 6 days a week.
- Parents/guardians are required to always remain on Ochsner Fitness Center premises.
- The Club reserves the right to deny access to any child who displays any signs of illness, as determined by our childcare staff.
*Hourly charges apply to all children except children who are club members.
Harahan Child Care
Call 504-733-1200. Reservations are required and can be made one day prior.
Must call to reserve a slot for your child.
Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 12:00 Noon
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday
8:00 am to 12:00 Noon
Heritage Plaza Child Care
Call 504-832-1600. Reservations are required and can be made 24 hours prior to reservation.
Must call to reserve a slot for your child.
Monday through Friday
9:00 am to 7:00 pm
9:00am to 4:00 pm
10:00 am to 3:00pm
Elmwood Gymnastics Academy
The Elmwood Gymnastics Academy offers comprehensive instructional and competitive programs for children of all ages and abilities. The Gymnastics Academy is professionally staffed with certified coaches and instructors, who take pride in offering classes of the highest quality in a positive and caring
atmosphere. These classes include Preschool, Artistic, Tumbling and Trampoline. Other activities include
birthday parties, camps, and special events.
For children 6 weeks to 13 years of age.
Outdoor Playground Area
- This area is designed for children ages 3-13.
- Parent or guardian must always supervise children with no exception.
Weight Cardiovascular Rooms
- Before using any equipment for the first time, the member should meet with a trainer. You may book your one-time complimentary appointment by emailing [email protected]
- No children under 14 allowed for their own safety. Children 10 -13 years old may be allowed to workout alongside a parent or guardian if they have completed a weight room certification. Please email [email protected] to book your certification.
- No food or drinks allowed, except water bottles or closed drink containers.
- Shirts and closed-toe shoes required in all weight room and cardiovascular areas.
- Shirts required in all fitness areas and classes.
- No dumbbells allowed outside the weight room.
- No towels near moving parts of machines.
- Gym or duffle bags are not permitted.
- Members are responsible to re-rack weights after using plate loaded equipment.
- No cameras or recording devices are allowed in exercise areas or locker rooms and are both strictly prohibited
- Outside personal trainers are not permitted
- Specialized program rooms are off limits to general membership without supervision of EFC employee
Complimentary Private Training Session
Along with your membership, you will be given the opportunity to attend a one-time complimentary session with a trainer. Starting with your goals, we design a workout program best suited for your needs and lifestyle. Once your goals are set, your personal trainer is your information source, liaison, and problem solver in the club. You can talk with him/her about anything concerning the Club or your fitness needs. He/she will either help you or direct you to the person who can. In a nutshell, you’re not alone. Your Personal Trainer is there to help.
No matter what your goals, Ochsner Fitness Center’s training department can design a personalized training and conditioning program to meet your specific health and fitness goals. We offer a variety of programs for all ages and abilities.
Members at Ochsner Fitness Center can work with the most educated and enthusiastic fitness professionals in the country. Whether you are looking to increase motivation, lose weight, improve performance, or lean muscle mass, reduce injury, or muscle imbalances, or participate in one of our Medical Fitness programs, Ochsner Fitness Center’s Personal Training Staff has the experience to help you obtain your desired fitness goals. Our trainers are certified by accredited national organizations such as ACSM, NSCA, NASM, and ACE and/or have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Exercise Physiology or related field. All clients receive comprehensive exercise testing to determine individual needs and goals. a private setting with your personal trainer work with a personal trainer personal trainer for the member with limited time to exercise.
Personal training sessions are non-transferable and non-refundable. There is a 24-hour notice of cancellation policy for all private training sessions. Full payment of services will be charged for cancelled appointments with less than 24 hours’ notice. No refunds for untimely cancelled or unused sessions are allowed.
Personal Training Personal Training Packages
- 60-Minute Training: A 60- minute workout with a One-on-One Personal Training
- Group Training: A 60- minute workout with you and your training partner(s) in groups of 2-6 members
- 30-Minute Training: A 30- minute workout with a One-on-One Personal Training
- *We have volume discounts for certain personal training services. The more you buy the more you save. *
The right nutrition plan is key to help you reach your wellness goals, whether you're looking to shed body fat and get stronger, increase energy, or improve your overall quality of life.
The registered dietitians at Ochsner Fitness Center work closely with you to identify your specific goals and potential barriers. Our team can develop a customized meal plan that fits any unique need and lifestyle. Nutrition and lifestyle plans will be intense enough to see results fast and maintain motivation, yet realistic as a long-term lifestyle change.
Food Sensitivity Testing + Counseling
Includes food sensitivity lab test + a five-session series of one-on-one nutrition consults.
Intensive 12-Week Nutrition Protocol
Includes 90-minute initial consult with Resting Metabolic Rate and body composition via InBody, plus bi-weekly follow-up sessions, each including InBody assessment; final consult also includes a follow-up Resting Metabolic Test.
90 + 45 Nutrition Package
Includes 90-minute initial consult and one follow-up session.
A La Carte Services include:
Resting Metabolic Rate
InBody Body Composition Analysis
Additional 45-minute follow-up consult
Personal Grocery Tour
For more information and to schedule your appointment, contact [email protected] or 985-898-7050.
Ochsner Eat Fit Program
The Nutrition team at Ochsner Fitness Center created Eat Fit to collaborate with your favorite local restaurants, markets, and beyond to spotlight nutritious and delicious meal options.
Eat Fit is a nonprofit initiative of Ochsner Health, designed to help us live our healthiest, strongest lives possible. The team of Eat Fit dietitians works closely with chefs to identify and develop dishes that meet the Eat Fit nutritional criteria. These items are identified directly on the menu with the Eat Fit seal of approval, making the healthy choice the easy choice when we’re dining out.
Free to all restaurants and foodservice partners, Eat Fit encourages nutritious choices whether you’re looking to lose weight, feel better or look better, as well as help to manage health issues including diabetes, cholesterol, and high blood pressure.
With more than 600 partners, Eat Fit has expanded across the state to include Eat Fit NOLA, Eat Fit Northshore, Eat Fit BR, Eat Fit Acadiana, Eat Fit Shreveport, and Eat Fit Monroe.
The Eat Fit team connects deeply within the Eat Fit communities, serving as a resource for all things wellness. Download the Eat Fit smartphone app to find participating restaurants with full nutrition facts of Eat Fit menu items, as well as recipes, community wellness resources, and to connect with a health professional in your area. And check out the Eat Fit Cookbook, a compilation of 125 recipes from 40 Eat Fit partners at www.EatFitCookbook.com.
Follow Eat Fit on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and visit www.OchsnerEatFit.com for more information about Eat Fit in your region. Contact us at [email protected].
Fuel Café and Market
- Members agree to a monthly $10.00 plus sales tax minimum on food and beverage. Each primary membership must spend a minimum of $10 plus sales tax each month (cash or charge) and if the Member does not, agrees and understands the membership will be charged the minimum or the difference between what was spent and the $10 minimum plus sales tax.
- The minimum is calculated every calendar month.
- The Member is not responsible for the food and beverage minimum until their second month of membership the month a member joins.
- It is important that the member’s name, account number, or app, be provided for all food purchases (cash or charge) so that these purchases will apply toward the food and beverage minimum.
- Bulk supplement purchases do not apply to the food and beverage minimum.
- While a full café is not available at the Downtown and Heritage locations, smoothies, water, and other beverages and snacks will apply to the required food and beverage minimum.
Elevate offers a complete menu of esthetic and wellness services, including skin treatments, massages, injectables, body contouring and other invasive and non-invasive cosmetic procedures. One of Elevate locations is conveniently located in Ochsner Fitness Center with exclusive rate for members only. Please visit “insert website here when its ready” for more information.
- Lifeguards are on duty seasonally.Swim at your own risk. Check with the front desk for lifeguard hours.
- Children 10 and older may use the outdoor pools unsupervised only when lifeguards are on duty.Parents are required to always remain on the OFC premises.
- Children under the age of 14 must be always accompanied by a parent in the outdoor pool area when lifeguards are not on duty.
- Children under 10 must be supervised by an adult without exception.
- The outdoor pools close for 10 minutes each hour to children 13 and younger.
- All posted Pool Rules must be always followed.
- The lap pools are for lap swimming/walking only.
- General play is allowed at certain times.
- Lane sharing is required in lap pools during peak hours.
- Temperature of pools is approximately 81 degrees.
- Outdoor Eight lane lap pool is for people 14 years and older only; this includes the deck areas immediately surrounding the pool.
Cold Dip Harahan
- Water temperature is 53 to 58 degrees.
- Children under 14 are not allowed.
- Persons with high blood pressure, heart problems, health problems, or pregnant women should not use this pool.
- No jumping is allowed into the cold dip.
- Water temperature is approximately 104 degrees.
- Children under 14 are not allowed in the whirlpools
- Swim lessons are available for children six (6) months and above.
- Lessons are held Mondays through Thursdays, and on Saturdays throughout the year.
- Competitive U.S.A. swimming is available for ages 6 through 18.
- The USMS Masters team is available for adults 19 and over.
- For more information contact the Aquatics Director.
General Pool Rules
- Shower before entering pools.
- Glass containers of any kind are not allowed.
- No running or horseplay allowed.
- No diving or jumping allowed.
- Proper swimming attire for family fitness center is always required. Unacceptable swimwear types are thongs, or any swimsuits which do not fully cover the buttocks.
- Infants and toddlers must wear swim diaper under their suits.
- Heritage pool is for members 14 years and older.
- It is required for all Members and Guests to always follow all other posted pool rules
Indoor Pools Harahan
- There is no lifeguard on duty, swim at your own risk.
- Children under 14 must be always supervised by an adult without exception
- No food or alcohol is allowed in the indoor pool area at any time.
Baby Pool Harahan
- This pool is for ages 4 years and younger
- Baby pool is closed during the colder months
- Parents must always supervise children without exception
Splash Pool Harahan
- Parents must always supervise children without exception.
- The Splash Pool is designed for 8 years old and younger.
- The Splash Pool is closed during the colder months.
Steam Room & Saunas
- Children under 14 are not allowed to enter steam room or saunas for health reasons.
- Limit usage to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Exercising is prohibited in the steam room and sauna areas.
- Shaving is prohibited in the steam room and sauna areas.
- All group fitness classes are complementary to our Members and Guests.
- Registration on our Fitt Lab app is required to reserve a spot in all classes.Schedule of classes are available on the FITT LAB app for each location.
- Guests are also allowed to attend; however, they are also required to reserve a spot on our club app with the front desk.
- Children under 14 are not allowed to participate in adult group fitness classes.
- Aerobic classes range from senior, beginner, intermediate all the way to advanced levels.
- Hours vary from early morning through the evening.
- No cell phone use is allowed in any classes.
- Beginners are advised to arrive early and introduce themselves to the instructor to inform them that this will be their first group fitness experience.
- Proper attire including closed toe and closed heel shoes are required.
Pilates Lab and Private Yoga Offerings
- Pilates Lab Classes include Group Reformer, Reformer+ and Beginner sessions.
- All Pilate Lab classes are fee-based.
- To book a Group Reformer session download the MindBody app search Ochsner Fitness Center, pay for the session, and book the spot within a Pilates Lab class.
- Class levels range from beginner to advanced.
- Pilates Private sessions are also available. Contact Group Fitness Manager, [email protected] for more information.
Yoga Private Sessions
- Private Yoga sessions are available.Contact Group Fitness Manager, [email protected]
Racquetball - Harahan and Downtown
- Leagues and private lessons are available for members and sub-members only.
- Equipment rental is available at the front desk.
- Children under 14 must be always supervised.
- No dark-sole shoes allowed on the courts
- Eye guards are required for minors and recommended for everyone
- May use the court up to one (1) hour at a time unless no one is waiting and if no one has reserved the court
- Inappropriate language or actions will not be tolerated
Track - Harahan
- Eleven (11) laps around the track are equal to one (1) mile
- The track may be used for walking, jogging, or running
- For their own safety, no one under 14 is allowed to use the track.
- No food or drinks are allowed on the track
- Run in the directions of the arrows.Look for the sign each day for the direction of the track and follow accordingly (the track direction changes daily)
- No side-by-side walking is allowed, and each walker or runner must always stay in the proper lanes
- No dumbbells allowed on the track
- No food or drink allowed on the basketball/pickleball court.
- No dark soled shoes are allowed on the courts.
- No hanging on nets or rims and no dunking.
- The basketball/pickleball court is subject to club reservation and free play may be
suspended at the discretion of the Club.
- Follow all rules posted on the court.
- Daily use lockers are available at all clubs and free of charge. Members must bring their own lock and be sure to remove all items daily. Possessions cannot be left overnight.
- Any temporary lockers left overnight with contents and locks on the locker will require the lock be cut off the locker where the Club will make every effort to retain the contents for up to 48 hours.
- Permanent lockers are available at all clubs for an extra charge and includes towel service.
- No children of opposite sex older than 4 allowed. A family changing area is available in Elevate.
- No cell phone use allowed. Cell phone usage in this area is strictly prohibited and will be enforced.
Ochsner Fitness Store is in the Harahan location and is stocked with the latest in fitness apparel which may enhance your workout.
Please inquire about the return policy of merchandise in the store when making a purchase.