Pilates focuses on building a healthy, injury-free body by encouraging controlled and concentrated movement. It centers the body with breathing awareness while maintaining dynamic spinal stabilization. Pilates helps to:
- Improve flexibility and balance
- Increase muscle strength and tone, particularly abdominal muscles, mid, lower , and upper back, hips and buttocks
- Rehabilitate or prevent injuries related to muscle imbalances
- Promote stress management and relaxation
- Balance muscular strength on both sides of body
- Improve coordination
Starting your Pilates journey with private classes lets you learn the Pilates fundamentals properly at your own pace. Private classes are also great for advanced students looking to fine-tune their movements. Semi-private sessions are a great way to work out with a friend while still benefiting from the individualized attention of a private session.